Sunday, June 9, 2013

perfect summer tea

I love drinking iced tea in the summer time. It is such a nice way to cool down and  if you aren't a huge fan of just drinking water tea is a healthy alternative to soda. I love green tea but find it can be a little bland and watery when iced. To combat this I combine a darker tea with the green tea. This summer I think I have finally found the perfect combination of teas!  The fruit flavored green tea I use adds a nice summery vibe to normally plain tea. Here is what I have discovered

Salada Peach and Nectarine Green Tea- I found this at bi-lo in family size tea bags but it is also on their website here: http://www.greentea.com/tropicalfruitgreenteaforicedtea-1-1.aspx

Trader Joe's Decaffinated Irish Breakfast Tea: I use this because I don't like a ton of caffeine but they also have a regular version as well. It is a strong and dark tea that helps give some body to the green tea. Here is a link on Amazon if you don't have a Trader Joe's in your area: http://www.amazon.com/Trader-Joes-Breakfast-Traditional-Strong/dp/B003UTJEPU

To make half a gallon this is what you will need:

2  family size green tea bags
2 irish breakfast tea bags
1/4 cup sugar (I don't like mine super sweet)

No comments:

Post a Comment